So here we are at 30 weeks! Not sure if this photo is going to weird people out, but I'm trying to get better about documenting bits and pieces of this journey. I feel like I may have, in my baby-brain induced fog, lost any sort of objective eye when it comes to photos of my body. I get bigger and wackier looking by the day and I can barely recognize myself when I see this baby-incubating-figure in pictures.
Some thoughts this week on preggo life:
- This baby is getting BIG! My stomach feels stretched to the max lately and I wonder how this belly is going to get any bigger. I know - how naive! Also, I'm acutely aware of how strange pregnancy photo documentation is. All you see on blogs and instagram are beautiful women with well-proportioned bumps looking insanely beautiful. Now let's get real for a second - I've just reached the stage of beginning to feel like a bit of a whale. I still feel beautiful and have a clear sense of how miraculous the work my body is doing right now, but I also feel rather large - because I am lol. But, I am truly really happy being pregnant and am feeling really good still, so I'm a happy whale for the meantime :)
- Get me to the water! I spend all my waking hours daydreaming about swimming lately. I've always been a water baby, but this has escalated to a whole new level. Ocean, lake, pool - get me in it stat!
- Speaking of hot days and water - I'm not finding myself too swollen yet *knock on wood*. But a great trick to cool down on hot nights with no breeze at home is to pop your feet into a bucket of super cold/icy water while watching a movie or hanging out. Its is the best feeling ever! Tyler has been so sweet to fill and carry my bucket for me.
- I have insane cabin fever! Following our losses, during the 1st/2nd trimesters I was being overly cautious with the physical activity - probably too cautious if I'm being honest. But man, after 30 weeks of this, I am so looking forward to being out and active again. I can't wait to be biking, running (I may retract that on later), kayaking, hiking and camping again. We're hoping to fit in some small getaways before this baby makes it's debut. I also am really looking forward to taking our baby on adventures with us one day!
- Baby Hiccups - This tiny person inside of me gets the hiccups on the daily!
- We're busy working away at the nursery - can't wait to share photos when it's closer to finished. I can't say enough good things about Tyler as a partner these last couple of months. He's worked so hard in the baby room, he never complains that I go to bed early, he makes sure that I get ice cream regularly (I have a sneaking suspicion this is for his benefit) and is just so damn good to me. I always wondered what effect my changing body and restricted abilities would have on him. Turns out he excels at being empathetic and making me laugh through all of the funny parts of this journey.
Hoping to share some of my pregnancy favourites with you guys soon!